Chemistry-Week 2-Topic Thoughts
I read the article titled, Quick Tour of MathMol. I thought it was really interesting that molecular modeling is key in making new drugs, ceramics, and optics. On the other hand, a more unnerving way molecular modeling is moving is in the way of creating artificial photosynthesis. I would like to know more about that topic and what that entails exactly.
I also found it very interesting that molecular bonds form symmetry. For example, the ammonia molecule has a 3-fold axis of symmetry. Also, the fullerene molecule has the shape of a icosohedron. I like knowing that when we break down to the smallest particles of a substance, the same shapes we see in objects around us such as a flower are the same shapes on a molecular level. That just goes to show that symmetry is basic make-up of life.
I also found it very interesting that molecular bonds form symmetry. For example, the ammonia molecule has a 3-fold axis of symmetry. Also, the fullerene molecule has the shape of a icosohedron. I like knowing that when we break down to the smallest particles of a substance, the same shapes we see in objects around us such as a flower are the same shapes on a molecular level. That just goes to show that symmetry is basic make-up of life.
Comments