Chemistry-Week 4-Food Colors in my Kitchen

Currently in my kitchen/fridge there are the following foods listed by color:

Yellow:
-lemons
-ginger
-pineapple
-corn tortillas
-eggs (or white)
-butter
-ghee
-olive oil
-macaroni and cheese
-mustard

Red:
-cherries
-apples
-nectarines
-peaches
-strawberries
-ground beef
-rhubarb
-tomato paste
-grapefruit
-pasta sauce

White:
-potatoes
-onions
-garlic
-milk
-yogurt
-hummus
-almond milk
-fish
-sliced turkey
-pasta noodles
-coconut oil
-sugar
-flour
-mayonaise

Orange:
-turmeric
-cheese
-carrots

Black:
-maple syrup
-blackberries
-balsamic vinegar
-tea and coffee

Blue:
-blueberries
-marionberry pie

Green:
-pickles
-broccoli
-cucumber
-kale
-celery
-avocados

Brown:
-bread
-mushrooms
-honey

According to the list, I have mostly white foods and then red and yellow foods. I have only 2  blue foods in my kitchen, one of which is mixed with a white crust. I had fresh black/blue mulberries on Friday, but those got eaten shortly after they were purchased. It's interesting to make this list and see the food in my kitchen according to color.


Comments

Benjamin R said…
Hi Amanda!

Hope you are staying safe out there. Wishing you and yours well.
That's a really exhaustive list and I really appreciated reading it.
It's seems like a wonderfully balanced smorgasbord of foods for you and the family, despite the current lack of Blue you have.

I too wish I had more blue in my life but Blueberries are hella pricey and outside of Berries I can't think of very much edible blue.

Hope we get to continue to discuss more nutrition-related topics as the class progresses.

-take good care!
Scott M said…
O wow! I really feel like my kitchen is understocked after reading yours. Also that I could have put a bit more effort into mine. Sorry Larry. But well done and you seem to have a very well rounded diet happening there!